Saturday, January 18, 2014

1/16 -17

Days 2 & 3.
These past few days have been mainly taken up by my class orientations. Although at times boring, of course they gave us a ton of helpful info about program field trips, our classes and internships. I'm excited to have classes start Monday as well as my interview on Tuesday. I still have to prepare for my interview and research my hospital a bit more, but hopefully all will go well and my interviewer will by nice! Besides orientation, its been great getting to know more people and making more friends. So far my main crowd consists of girls in my flat (16) and on flat 5 as well. We've tried to go out both nights, only to not find the bar we wanted to go to, or showing up to late to a pub crawl and finding it sold out. Although both attempts were fruitless, it was still nice to practice going on the tube and getting to see the towns in person. Definitely by the end of this trip I want to have stopped at each station/town to get a feel of the location. I've gotten my little cheapy travel phone, walked around and saw beautiful architecture between orientation classes, had a traditional tea time hosted by CAPA (with scones and clotted cream!) and went to this cute little italian restaurant for a girl I met's birthday. More roaming around and meeting more people is for sure to come, but for now I'm having pretty fun! xx
 Tea Time! Yumm!

Free Champagne at this adorable italian cafe. The Italian door man was so sweet and insisted on taking a picture of us!

3 comments:

  1. did you see that? I entered a psudo-profile, and I did it all by myself!
    Its really me, Mom, Amy, your loving mother,
    glad you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad its really you!! See, your not totally tech-handicap without me :)

    ReplyDelete