Sunday, January 19, 2014

1/18 - 1/19

Days 4 & 5

Since we had been staying up so late each night, Saturday I finally got to sleep in! After waking up around 11am my flat mates and I bumbled around getting ready to go on our panorama bus tour. I was so exited to go on this tour of all the stereotypical landmarks because it almost felt like I wasn't even in London yet, just a really cool old city. Even when the tour started, our tour guide was like "If you don't think London is the best city yet, just wait until this tour ends" and I think she convinced me! I have to keep reminding myself that I've only been here for a few days and there is so much I have yet to see. In retrospect I had maybe seen 15% - 20% of London before the tour. After visiting Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, seen the London skyline, and every little fact our tour lady could point out about each road I had finally realized this was such an old and intricate city. It made me happy to know I still have 3 months here to try and see everything! Plus, I finally got to take a significant amount of pictures to ensure the FB London album was started :)  After the tour, we went to Oxford Circus (which is a super big shopping neighborhood) and shopped in the 4 floored Top Shop. Top Shop is pretty much like a better quality/more expensive mix of Forever 21 and H&M. I knew about it before coming to the UK and was actually pretty exited to see it. Although I didn't buy anything, they did have a little cupcake and tea stand and I tried bubble tea for the first time! It was quite good, I got white peach and strawberry, and would definitely get it again. Some of my flat friends/mates were going out to a club, but I wasn't up for a hard night so I visited my high school friend who is also studying abroad in London. It was cool seeing her friends, especially since they were all so international! A few Americans, Australians, Danish, Brazilian and English students made up the mix. I caught the tube before it closed at midnight and called it a night.

Today (Sunday), was pretty chill because nothing was planned besides an optional walking tour around Camden and Primrose. I attended the walk which was quite cool, because even there wasn't many "kodak moments" just walking around in the morning when the sun was coming up, with the breeze of the park blowing around you felt great. At the end of the tour we ended up in the Camden stable market, which was a ton of shops (touristy, boutique, food stands) that were so unique. Plus I got a few cheap souvenirs out of it! It reminded me of the Bazar at the MN State fair. After the market we got to stop at the 99 pence store (aka the UK dollar store) which I was so exited for! I'm such a cheap scape, that I couldn't pass up getting quite a few things. Otherwise the night has consisted of getting hangers for my closet (and of course getting confused at which road to take - I was suppose to go west and ended up going north AND east before finally finding the correct road), eating a chill flat dinner and trying to make a list of all the sights/places I want to see/go. Otherwise, my interview is Tuesday so I should research my hospital a bit more and practice what I'm going to say in my interview. Early night tonight so I can start classes tomorrow! xx
 Primrose Park -
I think the authentic Britt added a nice touch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment